Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If Only...

...I had a working camera, I could post a picture of my first-ever knitting project. It's a little purple hat for Catie. No, it's not perfect. No, I wouldn't buy it if I saw it in a store (I'd probably say something like, "Did a blind monkey knit this?"). But yes, it fits her! And yes, she'll be wearing it with pride this winter.

On to my next project, which is a hat knit from camo yarn for Will. It'll be from the same beginner instructions as Catie's hat. THEN I'll move on to something more fancy, like a hat on circular needles which I scored at a sweet 40% off sale at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

At first Dave laughed at me for wanting to knit. Then he saw Catie's hat come together. Now he thinks it's hot- like "hot librarian" hot. Hey, whatever I can do to get his blessing for more "me" time.

Do you wonder what you're going to get for Christmas this year? Wonder no more.

3 comments:

Frannie said...

That's funny Angie, I said last year that I'd like to take up knitting and Michael almost fell over. I think the thought of me with two pointy sticks just spells danger.

I do want to see the blind-monkey hat though. I am sure it's divine! YAY for knitting. I think it's an awesome hobby and you can make such nice, cozy ditties with it!

Sarah said...

OK, Angie...what guru have you found? I can cast on like a champ but after that I can't get it to work. FRUSTRATING. I'm not even bothering with a pattern until I can at least knit a friggin' row. I can't wait for your camera to be fixed so we can see some pics of sweet Catie in her sweeeeeet hat.

Nayanna Arts said...

Ditto about the camera and seeing your latest (ok first :P) creation!