Monday, July 19, 2010

The Power of Advertising

This morning I was getting ready for Morning Latte*, setting out coffee cups and accoutrements for the coffee. I set out a little dish with some Splenda packets (for my friends who like that poison**) along with sugar, milk, and vanilla coffee syrup. Will came over to the counter, picked up one of the Splenda packets, and said, "I see you're having some zero-calorie sweetener!"

*I've mentioned this in previous posts, but seeing that it's been a looooong time since I've posted, I'll explain: I invite a bunch of friends with kids over for breakfast pastries (code for cake in the morning), coffee, and conversation. We then send the kids off to play whilst we eat, drink, and be merry. It's hard to be me.

**Have I mentioned that I'm definitely going back to school to study nutrition? I have an appointment with an academic advisor in the Food Science and Human Nutrition department of Iowa State next week. I will start with some core science classes at the local community college until Catie starts kindergarten in 2012. Then I can start taking all the upper-level science and nutrition classes at ISU. I am SO stoked!

3 comments:

Sarah @ So Not Donna Reed said...

First, that Will is a r.i.o.t.
Second (but equally important)WOOT! on going back to school. Good for you, Angie! :)

Molly said...

Good for you, Angie! You will rock as a nutritionist and I am envious of you going back to school. I would love to be a perpetual student!!!

Kimberly said...

Excellent! Can I be a client? I was thinking about going to get certified as a personal trainer/nutrition chick, but I assume you have to exercise. ;-)