Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting Crafty

 

The kids and I made these cinnamon ornaments the other day and they smell incredible! They're not quite dry yet, so I don't know how they'll really work on the tree, but I thought I'd share.

Cinnamon Ornaments
non edible

3/4 c. ground cinnamon
1 T. ground allspice
2 T. ground cloves
1 T. ground nutmeg
1 c. applesauce

Combine spices, blending well. Stir in applesauce; blend well. Dough will be stiff. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness on waxed paper. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutter shapes. Peel away dough and re-roll as necessary. Make holes for hanging with wire hangers. Let dry uncovered for 4-5 days.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jen geigley said...

adorable! and thanks for sharing the recipe - I made these in girl scouts when I was little and I *loved* the smell.

Sarah said...

I might have to do this with the girls - although I think Marian made one last year in preschool. Don't forget to write their names and the year on the back! :D

Mrs. Burns said...

Looks great Ange!

Unknown said...

How cool thanks for sharing. I'm these instructions for next year.