Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miscellaneous

It's a good thing my mom was here to witness this stuff, because I always forget the cute things the kids do.

1) My mom has nicknames for her granddaughters- Autumn is Buttercup and Catie is Sunshine. Catie sees my mom about once every other month or so. On Will's birthday my mom sent an email birthday greeting with her picture embedded. I showed the kids and Catie immediately said, "Sunshine!" Then, this whole weekend she was calling my mom Sunshine...and even now that Mom is gone, Catie says "Sunshine!" when she sees the flip flops I let my mom wear in the basement.

2) We went to visit Grandma Hazel at the nursing home on Saturday morning. A woman was there singing songs to the residents, so of course Will had to go investigate. He made it known that it was his birthday, so the woman sang "Happy Birthday to You" to him, and after that he requested "Bingo". After "Bingo" was over, the woman started singing "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" and my mom told Will the song was about her (her name is Bonnie). Will encouraged her to go up to dance. :)

3) We've started to have a little problem with lying. One example: Will's been forbidden to chew gum because he keeps swallowing it. The other night I was out with friends and Will asked Dave for a piece of gum. Dave said, "Didn't Mom say you're not allowed to have gum?" and Will told him I said he could have it when I wasn't home. Dave offered to call me to clear up the misunderstanding and Will shouted "NOOOOOO!"

No comments: