Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holy Moly

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post! We've been very busy- the kids and I were sent off to Marshalltown for a couple days while our kitchen floor was being torn up and refinished, then we came home on Christmas Eve afternoon, went out for a fantastic Christmas Eve dinner at Perkins (I'd like to pretend here that I don't like going there, but I love their breakfast potatoes and pancakes so I can't even do a winky smiley), came home and put the kids to bed, wrapped every present for the kids and my family, put together Catie's new kitchen from Santa, and finally fell into bed at about midnight. We were awakened by Will next to our bed telling us that Santa had come and that he brought Catie a kitchen. When Dave suggested that maybe the kitchen was for both of them, Will answered, "I didn't ask for a kitchen!"

We opened the few presents the kids had and got packed up to leave for Chicago. We had a wonderful time with my family, I got some fun time in with friends, and then we headed home on Sunday.

We've spent the week downsizing and reorganizing and getting the kitchen back in order and all our things back in the basement where they belong. Because the kitchen floor is now its original fir, and fir has a very orange hue to it, we've decided that we're going to have to change the wall color from my beloved orange to a lighter yellow/gold color. My very dear mother-in-law loves to paint and will be doing that for us!

Catie's practicing for a future as a stay-at-home mom with her new baby doll on her hip as she cooks in her new kitchen. Will is spending hours with his Legos, creating space stations and rockets and airplanes.

I need to send Dave out into the Tundra (our 3-season room) to retrieve my USB cable so I can upload some pictures from Christmas. My next post promises to be more visually interesting!

No comments: