Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sweetest Thing


As I was taking Catie to her bedroom tonight to put her to bed, Will asked if he could come in and sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to her. Clearly the answer is a no-brainer- yes, yes, every time yes. So I sat with Catie on the rocker he stood next to us singing the song in his very off-key way (so precious, I'm not kidding). As he got to the final

twinkle twinkle little star
how I wonder what you are

Catie leaned over and planted one on his lips.

Man, I love my kids.
(photo is an oldie but a goodie)

3 comments:

I Run in Jeans said...

It will be great to pull that story out of the reservoir when Will is 16 and Catie 14.

So sweet! These moments are your reward for dealing with all the other c--- (literally)!

Alyssa said...

I'm with your mom...everytime Will cries and Aidan is within hearing range he belts out Twinkle Twinkle as well, whether it is the car or in his room all by himself because he thinks he makes him stop. That picture is priceless!

Anonymous said...

All the more reason Will and Eleanor are destined for each other. Eleanor always chooses Twinkle Twinkle when Charlie is crying or she wants to sing him a bedtime lullaby...